- To provide educational resources, leadership opportunities, and a global network to the next generation of world leaders;
- To facilitate a process that increases awareness on and implementation of the World Programme for Action on Youth (WPAY) adopted by the United Nation General Assemblyin 1995.
- To create an inclusive youth participation platform that enables young people to participate for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- To share ideas, experiences and innovative approaches for effectively contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and its implementation.
- To assists young leaders in developing entrepreneurial projects and campaigns to support sustainable development projects on local, regional, and international level.
- The IYC serves as the official network of the World Youth General Assembly and World Youth Summit at different cities across the world.
The vision of the International Youth Committee is to facilitate effective partnerships with youth, youth-led organizations and youth movements to further strengthen inclusive youth participation in the decision-making processes and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nation.